Diagnostic solutions | Infectious Disease
Supporting healthcare workers around the world in the fight against COVID-19
QIAGEN supports several testing protocols by providing test components, mid- to high-throughput automation solutions, and a multiplex syndromic detection solution. We also support scientists seeking to better understand the SARS-CoV-2 virus with research tools, including sequencing components and tools for data analysis and interpretation. We will continue to work tirelessly on novel approaches.
Read the latest news on QIAGEN's support for the fight against novel coronavirus.
QIAGEN support in current testing protocols for emergency use:
Product availability varies by country. Please contact your country representative or complete the support request form for further details. Please also review the protocols themselves for alternative solutions from other suppliers.
QIAGEN statement on viral RNA isolation solutions
Given the current public health emergency with COVID-19, QIAGEN and other companies are facing unprecedented demand for viral RNA isolation solutions. QIAGEN has developed dedicated solutions for viral RNA isolation that have been optimized for maximum sensitivity and reproducibility. We recognize that currently, scientists are seeking to use various QIAGEN kits, such as RNeasy, for SARS-CoV-2 RNA isolation from respiratory samples. It is critical to note that these kits have not been designed for isolating viral RNA, and performance of each kit varies. The user must consult the product-specific handbook or user manual. We strongly recommend using only dedicated RNA isolation products for SARS-CoV-2, such as those listed below:
Solutions approved for use for COVID-19 testing in some regions (please check local regulations)
- QIAamp Viral RNA Mini Kit (250). This spin column product can be used manually or operated on the QIAcube.
- QIAsymphony DSP Virus/Pathogen Mini or Midi Kits. These products are operated on the QIAsymphony platform.
- EZ1 DSP Virus Kit (48), available in US/Canada and other countries, or EZ1 Virus Mini Kit v2.0 (48). These are pre-configured kits that are operated on the EZ1 Advanced XL.
- QIAamp DSP Viral RNA Mini Kit (50). This spin column product can be used manually or operated on the QIAcube (limited country availability, incl. US, S. Korea and China).
- QIAamp Viral RNA Mini Kit (250). This spin column product can be used manually or operated on the QIAcube Connect or QIAcube.
- QIAamp 96 Virus QIAcube HT Kit (5). This product consists of 5 × 96 well plates to be operated on the QIAcube HT.
- QIAamp MinElute Virus Spin Kit (50). This spin column product can be used manually or operated on the QIAcube Connect or QIAcube.
QIAGEN multiplex syndromic testing support for SARS-CoV-2*
To support the efforts for accessible testing to meet the demands of the COVID-19 outbreak, QIAGEN has developed the QIAstat-Dx Respiratory SARS-CoV-2 Panel. This version of our multiplex syndromic cartridge enables detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 in addition to 20+ other respiratory pathogens.*
Bioinformatics analysis of SARS-CoV-2 with QIAGEN Digital Insights
To support the efforts of clinical microbiology and public health laboratories involved in SARS-CoV-2 sequencing, QIAGEN is offering “COVID-19 emergency response licenses” for QIAGEN Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA) and QIAGEN CLC Genomics ProSuite. To apply for these temporary licenses, register here.
How can we support your lab?
*The number of targets/pathogens detected by the QIAstat-Dx Respiratory SARS-CoV-2 Panels is different in different countries.
The QIAstat-Dx Respiratory SARS-CoV-2 Panels are intended for in vitro diagnostic use.
The US version of the QIAstat-Dx Respiratory SARS-CoV-2 Panel is for in vitro diagnostic use under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) only. Testing is limited to laboratories certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA), 42 U.S.C. §263a, to perform high complexity and moderate complexity tests.